Wednesday 7 May 2008

SPRINGTIME AND SUNSHINE

It's me again your old Doggy mate. Lots of new life is appearing by the canal. Loads of ducklings - we have Mallards, Coots, Moorhens and Waterhens all with nests and little ones. The numbers keep going down so I don't know what's happening. Could be a Pike fish in the water having his breakfast, lunch or tea. No sign yet of the cygnets but we saw 2 eggs this morning and the swans are a bit restless so maybe anytime soon. Also there's a new foal appeared on the farm on the far bank of the canal. Can't be very old as this is the first time i've seen him. He looked lovely out with his Mum in the sunshine. I chased a duck the other day. Bad boy Dougal smacked paws !! I am going to the vet tomorrow for my up to date jabs and once a year check over. I think i'm ok but we'll let the vet have a look. We'll see if i've put on any weight. I was 25kg back in February and I don't want to get too overweight do I. I'm quite streamlined at the moment and am moulting quite a bit losing all that winter fur. My coat is real glossy. Looks like i've been polished with Pledge !! I'll let you know as soon as the cygnets appear and maybe we can get a photo.
See you soon
Love from DOUGAL XX

No comments: