Monday 1 September 2008

RUGBY, HOLLY AND APPROACHING AUTUMN

Hello boys and girls, your favourite hound is back. Hull FC lost in the Rugby League Challenge Cup to St. Helens. Grandad met up with Simon and Martin last Saturday at Wembley Stadium to watch the match and it was very good by all accounts especially as the game wore on and players got tired. Hull were in front with only 15 minutes to go but then St. Helens got the better of them. Grandad went by car and train. Simon and Martin flew down to London from Edinburgh on Friday, went to see a show called SPAMALOT, stayed overnight, went to Hamleys toy shop then to Wembley and then fought their way through the crowds back to Heathrow for the flight back. A tiring day but they all enjoyed it.
Had a nice walk back on the Spellowgate round last Friday and was on my own most of the time until I spied a big bloodhound on my tail. She was all slobbery and her name was HOLLY. My trouble still is that I get distracted whenever I see other dogs. Can't help it. Must be a Dougal failure. Today is the first day of September and all the kiddies round here will be back to school on Wednesday. Martin and Mikey went back ages ago but Scotland is slightly different from England with their holidays. Autumn is now on the horizon and I heard a word called Christmas mentioned the other day. I wonder what that is all about ???

No comments: